Watershed is a Community Supported Forest Farm in Madison County, NC. Members pre-purchase dollar-for-dollar credits that may be exchanged for any combination of: Seasonal produce, herbs, honey, eggs, medicinal herb products, mushrooms, berry, fruit and nut crops, nursery plants, trees and seeds, day hikes camping and cabin rentals, forest-to-table feasts, permaculture consultations for home, farm and business, sustainable harvested timber products and firewood, workshops on forest farming, permaculture and the sustainable arts.
honey, hot sauce
Dairy & Eggs
eggs, duck eggs
dried flowers, fresh flowers, edible flowers
Fruits & Berries
dried herbs, fresh herbs
Nuts & Seeds
beeswax, medicinal herbs, plants, Christmas trees, greenery, firewood, decorative, floral wreaths, garlic braids, salves, landscape plants, compost, manure, seeds, ginseng, hemp
arugula, beets, broccoli, carrots, celery, chiles, collards, cucumber, daikon, fava beans, garlic, green beans, hot peppers, kale, leeks, nettles, ramps, sweet peppers, swiss chard, tomatoes, summer squash, winter squash
Watershed Forest Farm
Community Supported FOREST Agriculture (CSFA)
Farm Fresh Produce - Wild Foods - Good Medicine
There are 3 ways to become a CSFA member
1. Select Share Type Summer Box Share Spring Water Share Winter Box Share Seasonal Herb Basket Whole Share (Sign-up for all 4 shares, receive free farm credits).
2. Buy Credits “Watershed Credits” allow flexibility to purchase seasonal boxes and every thing else we offer, on the website, by delivery or at the farm. Watershed Credits do not expire and may be used in the current or future seasons. They make great gifts too. “Purchase Credits”.
3. Volunteer Contact us for more information.
Summer Box Shares - Delivered to Weaverville and Asheville, bi Weekly, 12 weeks, June-October (day and location tbd). From the Forest: Herbal products, teas, fresh and dried herbs, tinctures and seasonal remedies. From the Farm: Shitake and oyster mushrooms, leafy greens, culinary herbs, eggs, turnips, green beans, beets, potatoes, squash, tomatoes, peppers, flower bouquets, honey, walnuts, watermelons and more. - Half Share - (6 weeks, you choose which weeks).$180. - Full Share - (12 weeks) $360. “add to cart” - Family Share - (12 double sized boxes) $720.
- Winter Share - Sign-up for an extra dose of greens, culinary herbs, root crops, winter squash, walnuts, herbal teas and remedies to prepare you for the winter season. You may also add on X-mas trees, holiday trimmings and wreaths. 5 box deliveries, 2 in November and December and 1 in January. $175
- More Shrooms Share - Our seasonal boxes already come with fresh shiitake and oyster mushrooms, but that just isn’t enough for some folks. Adding a mushroom share delivers extra helpings of shitakes and oysters plus you get wild mushrooms from the forest including Morels, Chicken Of The Wood and other myco morsels! $60 -$120.
- Seasonal Herb Basket - Sign up to receive 4 baskets of herbal products, remedies, teas and tonics to keep you vibrant and healthy through the seasons! Makes a great gift too. Pick one season for $60 or all four for $200.
- Fullest Share CSFA- Includes: Seasonal Boxes, Water Share, Mushroom Share, Seasonal Herb Baskets Plus you receive Watershed Credits that may be redeemed for any good and service we offer including workshops, camping and forest to table events. - Half Fullest Share regular cost $700, Free $75 gift card - Fully Fullest Share cost $900, receive $150 gift card
Space in our 2019 CFSA program is limited. To reserve your space payments are due in full no later than May 15th. Make deposits or full payments online to save your spot.
Pick-Up in North Asheville.
We're listed in ASAP's Wholesale Local Food Guide, ASAP's Farm to Business Trade Directory.
Our website has our farm store at PlantandGatherForestFarm.com. Our roadside stand is only open for tours.
Our store is open from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
Farm tours, miles of hiking with panoramic views, sitting spaces by the branch, open-ended play area, camping, glamping and cabin rental.
Update: Due to covid-19, we are not offering dinner with our tour and groups are limited to 10 people at a time.Our tour lasts 2 hours and runs 7 days a week. Please call ahead to schedule.
Our dinners are held in an open air cabin and all spacing guidelines are met.
guided farm tours, visiting animals, school field trips, farm dinner/events, classes/workshops, event venue (weddings, parties, festivals), summer camp
Organic (not Certified), GMO-Free, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Wild Harvested, Permaculture, Free Range
Watershed Forest Farm
Forest Farm Tours, Seasonal Meals and Camping Packages. Contact us.
Come for a day hike, choose a campsite on the forest edge, up in the back country or let us style you out in a full service "glamp-site". All campsites have access to the forest with lush creeks, massive rock outcroppings,flowing springs and a myriad of secluded niches to explore. This enchanted realm is connected by miles of meandering paths that lead to a high ridge trail with breathtaking panoramic views of the bordering Cherokee National Forest and Applachian Trail.
The latitude and altitude of these ancient Appalachian mountains support one of the most biologically diverse temperate regions on the planet. With its direct southern exposure, surrounding wildlands, abundance of water and variance of micro-climates, Plant and Gather Forest Farm presents an ideal environment to study, observe and experience our region's rich biological heritage. We are developing a Living Classroom Guide with trail maps, forest species identification and self-guided nature hikes, for your earth-grounding and free range forest ramblings.